Current members and designated employees of the Ohio General Assembly, former members and designated employees who served at any point in 2022, and designated employees of the state’s legislative agencies file a FDS with JLEC. A FDS requires filers to disclose information regarding their personal finances and fiduciary relationships for the previous year. Financial disclosure statements assist members, employees, and the public to identify and avoid potential conflicts of interest. The 2022 Financial Disclosure Statement will be accessible in mid-February.
Benefits of Electronic Filing
Electronic filing reduces errors, makes the completion of your future filings much easier, and provides:
- Assurance that you have completed all necessary sections.
- Immediate receipt showing that your statement is filed.
- Print, view, or save a time-stamped copy of your completed statement.
- In subsequent years, your financial disclosure statement is pre-populated with information from the immediately prior year’s electronic statement. You will only need to update your statement before filing.
- Payment of filing fees can be made via credit card.
The financial disclosure requirement is separate from the requirement to file campaign finance reports. Questions regarding campaign finance should be directed to the Ohio Secretary of State. Filed campaign finance reports may be searched through the Secretary of State’s website: here.
As a current Member or designated employee of the General Assembly or former Member or designated employee of the General Assembly in 2022 you file your financial disclosure statement with JLEC. If you were a local, county or state public official or employee in 2022, you may receive a notification from the Ohio Ethics Commission requesting you complete an Ohio Ethics Commission 2022 financial disclosure statement. Should this occur, please contact JLEC. You are only required to complete one financial disclosure statement per year.
Adobe Reader is required to access JLEC’s financial disclosure statements.